Wednesday, May 15, 2013

31. Now what?

"This is not an easy thing to move past."

"I know. I mean, I don't... But I do."

"...I get you."

"Right. Okay."

"I'm just not sure what to say."

"I thought I'd ask how you felt, but..."

"I don't even know."

"Exactly. Neither do I."

"So... You're leaving, then."

"Probably. There aren't a lot of options."

"So we should..."

"...Well, I was thinking. Maybe."

"Maybe what?"

"Wait, you go first."

"I wasn't going to say anything, really."

"Oh."

"Yeah."

"I'm sorry. It's just - this isn't supposed to be like this. Us. We're not like this."

"Awkward?"

"And at a loss for words, yeah."

"I'm not sure what happens next. I've never been in this sorta situation before."

"Hey, me neither. I'm not going to be any more useful when it comes to figuring this out."

"What do you want?"

"I don't know."

"Yeah you do. You always do. You just don't want to say it."

"What's the point? It's like I said, there aren't a lot of options left. So what I want isn't even on the table."

"I might feel better if I know what it is."

"I doubt it. But... I want to stay."

"Not just for me, right?"

"What other reason could there be?"

"It's... Just. That's a lot of pressure..."

"Oh."

"I mean-"

"It's okay. I understand."

"You don't. Just-"

"I guess that answers it."
Word Count: 231

No comments:

Post a Comment