Wednesday, May 29, 2013

45. Family matters

"I don't care how nice you think he is, I'm telling you no."

"Do you get to just say no?"

"When it comes to who you're dating, yeah."

"You're my brother, not my dad. And even then, it's really none of your business."

"Someone's gotta look out for you. You make really bad choices."

"You just think I do."

"I know you do. Everyone you drag in here's ended up lying to you about one thing or another."

"Come on, we all lie. Especially when we first meet people. It's... It's just how this stuff works."

"Do you?"

"What?"

"Lie. About important stuff."

"That depends on what's considered important stuff."

"Not the stuff you lie about."


"How do you know?"


"Because I know you. You're way too good. And anyone who's with you's gotta be just as good."
Word Count: 138

No comments:

Post a Comment