Thursday, April 18, 2013

4. Im done fighting you.

"I could see myself happy with you." The blonde haired girl - Calliope - admitted, adding a nonchalant shrug to make it seem a little less desperate.

"I know." The other - Valerie - concluded, raising the other girl's hand in her own and pressing her lips to the back of her hand gently. Silence fell quickly after that.

"I mean-" Calliope started again, "I meant to say I am. I don't know why I didn't just then."

"Callie..." It was what she preferred people call her, anyway, "You don't get caught up about how it's wrong?" She asked, and the other practically tore her hand away and took a step back. She turned her attention elsewhere; a random spot on the wall that caught her glance. "I just meant-"

"No, I get it. I agree with you."

"You don't." Valerie retorted, but made no move to follow her.

"I'll go, okay? I really don't want to get into this again." She started towards the door, hooking her arm around the strap of her bag that rested on the door-side table. But it slipped, and the contents spilled out onto the floor. "Ah, shit." Valerie crossed the room after her, moving to kneel down and help- "I got it."

"Stop freaking out about this."

"I'm not."

"I called you, remember?" Valerie said, though she stood back at her request. "I don't want you to go."

"You always do this." She kept her eyes to the floor.

"What?"

"I come over and you say something like that-" She looked up when the contents were finally back in her possession. "I end up feeling a lot worse about myself."

"I don't mean to, I-" Valerie exhaled a frustrated sigh. The conversation was running circles again. And repeating itself. Again.

"I just don't want your help. I'm going home." Callie started, standing up again; "To my boyfriend. You can stay here and wait for yours."
Word Count: 322

No comments:

Post a Comment