Sunday, April 21, 2013

8. Paris, France

"I've always wanted to go overseas, y'know."

"Yeah, I do."

"The Eiffel Tower, and all that. I always wanted to see if it was as..." She pauses, closing her eyes and shutting them tightly, struggling somewhere between her own confusion and pain. Her fingers curl tighter around his.

"Awesome? Bright? Hm..." His free hand scratches his jaw line, riffling through the short growing hairs he hasn't had time to shave off. "Pretty?"

"Pretentious." She coughs out, grinning as best she can, "But yeah, those things too." A pause. "You're still gonna go, right?"

"Without you? Nah." He forces a smile. "I'll wait till you're outta here."

"Don't be an idiot."

"Alright, alright..." He pauses briefly, "I'll wait till you're actually better. I forgot about the recovery time."

She offers a thoughtful squeeze to his hand. "That's not what I meant, and you know it."

"No, I don't."
Word Count: 147

No comments:

Post a Comment